Thursday, March 29, 2012

...pamper...



So...  these aren't my nails.  But today I painted my nails for the first time in... in.... well, I have no idea how long!  I painted them, and I added a topcoat.  And they are this color! 

The topcoat was supposed to dry them in 30 seconds.   To be safe, I waited a good 10 minutes before I did anything.  And within 11 minutes my thumb on one hand and a finger on the other were wrecked.  So I redid the whole job?  No way.  Just kind of filled in the bumps, tried the topcoat again, and from a distance and if I keep moving my fingers quickly you can't tell there are some mussed ones!

As soon as I realized my paint job was wrecked, I thought:  "Perfect.  Why do I bother?"  Then I remembered what I tell my hubby:  "I just need to expect everything to get broken.  Then if something doesnt break its a bonus!"  With three little boys 5 and under, this is a perspective I need!!  Maybe my nails aren't perfect, but they are bright and cheery!

Overall, I'm the laid back type.  And I feel blessed that I would rather play or snuggle my boys than have a perfect house.  Though in the past few years somehow I passed "laid back" and have landed in CHAOS (can't have anyone over syndrome.)  But that's a blog for another day.

Today I am just being grateful for being reminded of the things that really matter.  For being reminded of the season of life I'm in.  One day, I can do my nails and have white carpet and breakables - but I won't have these 3 little buddies running around. 

So I will choose to ENJOY TODAY!

Hope you do too!!!

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment