Wednesday, March 28, 2012

...sugar, sweet sugar...


Thinking about what to eat....

I am not a breakfast person.  Coffee.  That's all I want.  But things have changed in the last 5 years.  Three babies and a thyroid issue later, my diet has become more important.... 

So last year (proud moment) I cut out sugar.  Almost 100%.  From about the end of April until this last month.  And it helped.  Wasn't the total solution - I am still on a journey there - but it helped.  Less calories, more energy.  And you really do break the addiction.

Get this - I tried to eat a no bake cookie one day.  Didn't even like it.  *gasp*

But this month, I have fallen.  And the reason is - CADBURY MINI EGGS.  I love them.  They are my weakness.  And they only come out at Easter.  Slick marketing.  Yes, I would still be tempted to eat them all year long!!  But it would take away the NEED to eat as many as possible before Easter.... That knowledge that they are only here for a little while so I better eat them.  That excuse that soon they will be gone so I will quit sugar again AFTER the clearance Easter candy aisle at Target is wiped out.

So for now I'm putting it in writing.  I finished off my last bag, and there will be NO MORE CADBURY EGGS THIS YEAR.  Phew.  I feel better. 

Off to herd cats (play with my boys) and tackle the mountain of laundry!  Without the aid of a thin candy shell with delicious milk chocolate inside.  I can do it!

Day 2 of blogging.  Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment