Wednesday, September 12, 2012

...its wacky all right...

As I run into my son's school office
because I forgot
that its Wednesday
and Wednesday's are early release
and I see his grinning face as he laughs:
"Wacky Wednesday, Mama!"

Now, this is the 2nd Wednesday of the school year.
I give myself lots of grace.
And so did they!

But the office lady says:  "Gotta remember - Wacky Wednesdays!"

And yes, it is WACKY all right!

(and yes, I had to google "all right" versus "alright" because I never remember. 
A good reference site is here!  And spell checker also had to tell me that
Wacky does not have an h!)

Today has just been off.
Ever have those days?
Not feeling great.
Monthly loveliness in full swing.
Slept in instead of going to workout class.
Got up late and had to rush the boys out the door.
Got caught up in photo project and didn't get things done this morning.
And then, on way to pick up oldest son, remember, DOH - its Wacky Wednesday.

So I've decided, just now while typing this, that I'll stop
and spend 10 minutes thinking of what I'm thankful for.

Here's a little activity I ran across I like to do:
Write down 10 things you are thankful for.
Now read through them, being thankful.
Then write down 10 more things you're thankful for.
And take 5 minutes just being quiet and reflecting.
And finally, write down 10 more things your thankful for.

I like it because the first 10 are off the top of my head,
but I find by the last set of 10 that I'm really being thoughtful, and really feeling thankful.
Just a good time to take a *pause* and put things in perspective.

So off I go to do that.
But in the meantime I'll just close by saying... I still wish I was right here:







No comments:

Post a Comment