Monday, September 10, 2012

...under the falls...

(NOTE:  Though I have returned to "normal" life,
I am still not willing to stop vaca reminiscing.
You would not blame me if you had a day like today...
Youngest vomited 1 minute from doctors office,
tooth crumbled and fell out eating a Ritz cracker,
and my stolen wallet was returned.)

(And ok, that last one is a good one but all the stress the missing wallet caused
the past few days was not good!)

(Ok, back to the reminiscing.....)


So my most favorite thing was Tumalo Falls.
This is a 90-something foot falls near Bend, Oregon.
BEAUTIFUL.
In and of itself.
But...
The best part...

YOU CAN GO UNDER IT!!

Our waiter at Red Robin actually let us in on this "locals" spot.
There is an unmarked path that is pretty safe that leads you
RIGHT UNDER THE FALLS.

I mean, RIGHT under it, or rather I guess, right behind the falls.
Literally.
Here's the view...


Still don't believe me???  Watch this!:


and...
WADDA RUSH!


Better than 100 cups of coffee.
May not look that glamorous (trust me, I laugh at myself in this)
but seriously
it is
THE BEST!


Refreshing,
exhilarating,
fight-or-flight inducing,
adrenaline rushing
wonderfulness!!

You should try it sometime!!









No comments:

Post a Comment