Saturday, June 16, 2012

...clutter...

This is not my house... but it could be.  Really.

Every room.

I am drowning in clutter.
Talk about a joy-killer!

I have never been organized.  Or, I guess, I am one of those cluttered-organized persons.  When its just me and my stuff, everything looks like a disaster but at least I know where each and every thing is.  So it works.  Kinda.

But add a husband who is also a pack-rat and not organized, and 3 boys (5 and under)... and HELP I AM DROWNING!!

Long story short, we bought our house right before we got married.  I moved in until the wedding...

But the house was pink, and trashed.  The previous owner had literally gutted it and then died.  (Hopefully he's in heaven in a totally remodeled beautiful home now!)

So the good news was we were able to get a contractor guy who refinished walls, did the floor and doors, ceilings, everything.... and put it back together.  Bad news is that took many months.  So I had to move in, but couldn't really move in.  Then I worked 50+ hours a week and was finishing planning a wedding, got married, had a baby 10 months later, and 2 more in the next 3 years.  (O, quit my job in there right before the 1st baby came...  so if you're a working mama, I give you praise - I can't keep this place organized when its my full-time job, so i have no idear how you do it!!!  Holah to you!!!!!)

But what is missing in this moving into our house story???  NEVER DID WE GET SETTLED.  We just piled.  And then moved piles around.  And now there are just piles everywhere.  EVERYWHERE.

And its just gotten worse.  And worse.

So what am I saying?  Clutter is driving me mad.  Its stealing my joy, my time with friends (wouldn't dream of having anyone over), stealing my time with my boys.....  its GOTTA GO!

I see funny pinterest signs saying:  "I was going to clean my house, but then I watched Hoarders instead."  Its not funny to me...  I relate to the hoarders!!

Ok, its not that bad.  But in 5 more years, at this rate, we will be on that show!
(That actually would be cool.)

Sooooo am I just whining in this post?  YES!  Yes, I am.

I know there must be others who relate.  But I look up blogs called "Messy Whatever" and they show beautiful, decorated homes with like a toy on the floor and a dish in the sink.  Come on people!!!!  Really??

I signed up for flylady.  Love her posts.  I read them - haven't done much else, but I have read them.   And I bought some of their tools.  That are in a pile somewhere now...!  Doh!!

Lately, I have been praying and declaring ORDER throughout the house. 

I actually told my hubby that I think my house to some extent represents my spiritual orderliness...  this has been a season where God is stripping things, and putting me back together based one who I really am and my value in Him. 

Well, I believe I need to mirror that in my house...  strip it down to basics and let it reflect who we are.  Peaceful, restful, welcoming.

And heck, maybe God will throw a miracle in there and I will be struck by a lightening bolt of hospitality!!!!!  Stranger things have happened!!

Now I just gotta take the first step.

Jump off the cliff.

Dive in.

Whats my inspiration?  I'll let you know when I find it.....

But I think maybe it has something to do with another 40 days. 

If you read my first few blog posts here, me writing these started with me saying I'd do this for 40 days.  I also talked about how cool I think that 40 day period is... "significant" you could say.

So 40 days... to pray and focus and push up my sleeves and take a billion trips to Good Will and clean and organize.  And we'll see where I end up...  I'll let you know!!!!

And I am gonna start tomorrow! 

Don't laugh...  I really will!!!...............








No comments:

Post a Comment