Tuesday, May 22, 2012

...art of saying NO...

Is there an art to saying no?  Or is it just a mind set?

My family does not say NO well.  We either hem and ha and make excuses, leaving people thinking we probably meant no but not sure.  Or we say YES when we really don't want to and then either do it without really wanting to or come up with excuses to get out of it last second.

Growing up in this environment had another side effect too.  When people who can say NO say no to me, I realize I feel overly rejected.  I think we learned that when you love/care you don't say no.

Gosh.  Uck. 

The cool thing about life is that we are always learning.  Learning how to be healthy, how to have boundaries, how to choose peace and joy in our lives. 

So next step on my journey - the Art of Saying No. 


No comments:

Post a Comment