Saturday, May 12, 2012

...extra shot of BUG please...

Thoughts on organic.

I kinda just wish I could go all organic, all the time.  For me, challenges are money and time to find organic options.  But I am finding I am motivated to find a way and make it happen as of late.

I didn't always feel like this.  I'd settled on "organic when I can, whatever the rest of the time."  But man, when you start reading and learning you think... WOWZA. 

Now, I am not too big of a sucker.  I know every argument has 2 sides and people spin like crazy, and even pro-organic stuff can be hyped.  But there is puh-lenty of info out there from sources I do trust that sway me the organic way. 

For example, this is one thing that made me think:  "I want to KNOW what I am eating and what my family is eating."  And yes, even though this really doesn't count because I guess its an organic thing, it still sicked me out and motivated me to find out what I'm putting in my mouth.

STARBUCKS BUG JUICE




Did you read about this?  Do a google search or here's an article here. Title of article:  Starbucks ditches dye made from crushed bugs.

EWWWWEEEEE!!!!  Can I get an extra shot of BUG in mine please???  BLAHHHH!!

Seriously, that is gross.  But my pro-organic stance is really based on learning more about the toxins and artificial junk in our food.  And thinking about the havoc they wreak on our bodies and our hormones - and the "unknown" impact they are going to have on us and our kids that we can't even imagine. 

A quote I read the other day: 

"If doesn't come from the ground or have a  mother, don't eat it!!"  -Jillian

There are some really good resources online.  A published list of fruits and veggies to ALWAYS buy organic because they hold the most pesticides versus ones that are fairly safe.  How to read the labels on fruit to know if they are modified, regular, or organic.  And some other good sources of info.  I'll pull them together and post them on here so they are all in one place!

Let me end with with my confession of the day.  I don't know which Starbucks products use the BUG DYE.  But I still get my coffee there...  and I still would even if they didn't stop using bug dye.  (Does that mean I'm an addict???)

HAPPY SATURDAY!!









No comments:

Post a Comment