Thursday, May 10, 2012

...diet - errrr I mean, way of life...

Ok, so I knew I liked Jillian for a reason.  I mean, I have always loved her workout intensity.  I mentioned before that her workout dvds are about the only ones I can stand to do.  She is not annoying, is not condescending, and is motivating and pushes me.  I know - probably a lot of others think this too as she is major famous for it!!

But I didn't realize... we are also soul sisters!!  Well, kinda....  based on this book:


I had gotten another of her books before.  It was good, but not earth shattering for me.  I kinda thumbed through it and put it on the shelf.  But this one, I LOVE.  Read cover to cover in 2 days. 

First, her story.  It explains me to me!!  How not eating, trying to diet, eating fat-free/sugar-free crapola, working like crazy, not eating, and did I mention not eating have lead to a total gland mess!  My poor body!

In one part she says something like: so I wondered why my friend could eat whatever she wanted whenever (though she chooses to eat clean and healthy) but if I ate anything I gained weight.  Yep.  That's me.  The whole exercise/cut calories/try anything and nothing works but nothing does.  The whole workout more than anyone I know, to stay the same or even still gain.  Talk about unmotivating!!

But here's what I like best about her book.  TONS of charts and info on food.  Way too much info to incorporate all at once, but she recommends a plan and its an easy reference.  And TONS of hope on resetting the ol' body and getting it working like God designed it!!!!

So - I am a believer!  God made us to feel good, look good (as He made us, not what anyone else thinks), have energy...  and going to clean food, eating every 4 hrs, and some other things seem to be the key.

We shall see.  But kudos to Jillian regardless.  For being so famous, so fit - and still likable and down to Earth!  Go girl!

(For the record, already blew it today - too much coffee and skipped meals.  Doh! 
But tomorrow is a new day!)



No comments:

Post a Comment