Tuesday, May 1, 2012

...o to be a barista....

Ok, my dream job is to be a barista.

I'll modify that.  My dream is to own a coffee shop.  I was going to name it... you guessed it... Thank God For Coffee!  Either a drive through or a little shop...  less pressure with a drive thru. 

Alas, I think my dream was 10 years too late.  When they first came out, coffee stands were the craze!  And hot and happening!  But now, at least in Oregon, its a pretty saturated market.  And a lot of people (sigh, including myself) would rather have Starbucks.

I probably have a crazy view on being a barista.  Seeing people, getting to join in their cheer or cheer them up with coffee.  Who doesn't get a little happiness, no matter their day or life, when they get that cup of what they love?  And knowing customers names, making them feel known by remembering their drinks, getting to be a little spot of joy in their day....  I'm sure there's other, less glamorous parts of this job.  But I think:  people + coffee?  How can it be wrong?????

So to all you baristas out there - thanks for what you do, and know I am little jealous!!

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment