Sunday, August 19, 2012

...church on the run...

So we are in a weird transition season.
And I think its right where we are supposed to be.
But only for a season.

We had both been attending a church for 12+ years.
Since last September though, we have been on a break.

I believe there is real purpose in this break.
I believe where we are with the boys, with each other, with God
that we are focusing on being together, as a family.
God is also doing some huge things in my hubby and my hearts.

And I believe it is only for a season.
I misssssssssssssssss church.
I miss community.
I miss being involved, getting fed, giving and serving.
But I am also excited.
Excited for what God is doing in this season.
But way more excited about where He will lead us.
Where He will plug us in.
Who our community will be.
How He's growing us, our relationship with Him, healing us to be ready to jump in!

During this season though I have learned a lot about myself.
About church too.
How it really isn't a building, or being on a certain schedule.

I do Church on the Run.
Every Sunday, I go on a run with God.
I usually listen to a message, usually from a podcast from either Bethel or Exp58.
And run and hear Him and get connected and filled up.

So though I believe in meeting together.
And I want that again.
I also believe in seasons.
And that God talks to each one of us.
And He meets us where we are.
And He has different plans.
And it is not our job to monitor each other.
Maybe He's telling you to go to church 3 times a week and not to miss.
And that is awesome, and the season you are in.
And maybe He's telling me to stay home and be with my family.
And you know, they are both right!
And we can keep loving and encouraging each other.
That's the way it works!!

All right - off to run and get filled up and dream about the future!!

XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment