Wednesday, August 8, 2012

...frizzies be gone???...

Keratin hair treatment.

Hmmmm...

PROS
End frizzies.
Kind of reasonably priced.  Kind of.  ($60/treatment every 2 months or so.)
Blow dry faster.
Easier to straighten.
Stay straighter longer.
Still do curly, but less frizzy.
Claims to make hair straighter, shinier, and even healthier.

CONS
But there are cons.
I'll list price again.  It is $60 I currently do not spend. 
And making and keeping appointments is on the "cons" side of things. 
And I just googled it... and there are lots of warnings online.
Mostly because it uses formaldehyde.  (Isn't that like for embalming?  Ick.)
And possibly carcinogenic. 

So those last 2 cons maybe should make it a no-brainer big ol' NO?????
But I must confess, here's what is going through my brain....
What isn't carcinogenic, really?
Would my hair dresser recommend it if it was dangerous?
Is it any worse than color?

So it comes down to vanity, as usual.
I am trying to eat clean, be natural, make good choices.
Not religiously or over the top, but when possible.

But I am totally on the fence with this one.

Anyone ever try it?





No comments:

Post a Comment