Tuesday, August 14, 2012

...trading...

Had an amazing run tonight.
Both because it was amazing.
Felt good.  Was painless.  Felt fast (even though I'm not that fast!)
You know the ones!!

But also because often when I run, and especially tonight
I get good time with God.

I find I hear Him clearer.

Maybe because I slow down.
Maybe because 100 other things aren't going down.
Maybe because its my few hours of awake alone time.

But maybe because He just knows I like to run.
And He likes to share it with me!!

I got to trade a lot with Him on this run.
Traded a bunch of exhaustion and fatigue for energy.
Traded a bunch of frustration and excuses for plans and strategies.
And most cool...  traded some pain and sorrow I'd been lugging around
for some oil of gladness
and got filled up with the JOY I didn't realize I'd been missing!!!

That's the cool thing about God.

He knows me. 
He loves me!
And I love nights like tonight, when I really feel it!!

Hope you are all feeling it too!!

Goodnight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment