Sunday, August 26, 2012

...running a long long ways...




Today in Eugene its the Women's Half Marathon.

A very fun race, that has a huge turn out.
(Some men run it too, no discrimination in Eugene!)

I ran it 2 years ago.
Was my first long race after my baby marathon (3 boys in 4 years.)
And it was good to have a goal,
complete something that big,
have the motivation to get that many miles in.

But this morning...

I am just glad I'm not running it!!

Maybe someday I'll do a half marathon again.
I've done 2.
(I used to say I wanted to do at least one whole marathon, but I don't feel that way anymore!)

Its good to have a goal.
Something to work towards.
Something to accomplish.

But the hours you have to put in,
the not running because you want to but because you HAVE to,
the potential for injury,
the pressure of the training schedule...
Its just not for me, right now.

Again, its probably about seasons.
Running is my time, time alone, therapy, relaxing, de-stressing, decompressing, and its NEEDED.
But running that many hours a week is not an option.
Its too much right now.

So it feels good to acknowledge that.

And to be able to wake up,
be happy for my friends who are right now probably nearing the 2 hour mark of their run,
and to know that someday that may be me,
but its not today,
and that's ok!!

Happy Running!!



2 comments:

  1. i love seeing runners like you accomplish goals!

    Happy Sunday! Drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Sunday to you too!
      (I am going to run and check your blog out right now!) :)

      Delete