Sunday, July 15, 2012

...dear coffee...

Dear coffee,

We gotta talk.

You are no good for  me.  We need to split ways. 

I rely on you.  You get me through the day.  But its not healthy. 

So we gotta break up.

...But know I love you.

I love your aroma.  I love the taste.  I love you black, mixed with chai, with a dash of cream, and especially with steamed breve.

I love your color.  The warm mug in my hand.  Sipping you through a straw.

I love the habit of driving through, ordering, and receiving you as a partner to go with me where ever I am headed.

In my life of little ones, you are my moment of "me me me!!!!"

I love that I know baristas all over town - I consider them great friends.
Hey, they know my drink, my kids' names, and where I am headed.  If you can't find me, pull into the nearest coffee shop....  see how cold my trail is!

Mmmm - I am imagining you right now.

You are wonderful.

So wonderful.

Ok, so maybe this isn't it.  Maybe this isn't The End. 

I don't know if I can let go. 

Maybe we can still be friends??????

(darn you, coffee.  why are you so good to me?)




No comments:

Post a Comment