Tuesday, July 31, 2012

...what makes something valuable?...

Lots of thoughts on value lately.

My hubby and I are doing a study with a couple.
We both have done the Christian thing our whole lives,
but more from a conceptual-not-life-changing, all based on what you DO, perspective.

The past few years we have been on a journey to find
LOVE without PERFORMANCE.

Just pure love.

Anyways, we are actually in a study right now called Pure Love.
Good stuff - really makes you think.
Whatever your beliefs are...  it raises good questions.

What is love?
What makes you valuable?

Where do you get your value?

From looking good?
From being thin?
From great hair or great clothes?
From comparing yourself to strangers?
From being good at sports/work/something?
From being dedicated to something?
From who you know?
From what people say?

Who defines you?

TV?
Culture?
Your spouse?
Friends?
That voice in your head?I
(Gosh, sometimes when I stop I hear what is in my head I am shocked!  So negative to myself!)

And lastly, is it possible to REALLY believe and life like
I truly am valuable just because God made made me and loves me.
That it isn't about PERFORMANCE or RELIGION or WHAT I DO or IF I EARN IT.

What would life be like to never compare ourselves?
To get out from the pressure of being "something"?
To be satisfied and happy with who we are?
To not stop living, but to actually really begin living??????

So... just good questions to ponder. 

I am trying to go through these questions in my journal and be REAL with myself. 
To not answer with what I think or wish the answer is,
but to really answer based on what I hear in my head, how I make decisions, how I truly function. 
Because TRUTH is the only way to change, the only way to freedom...

So that's my thoughtful post of the day!!

We'll end on this note:  YOU ARE VALUABLE!  Just for who you are!!  And so am I!

No comments:

Post a Comment