Tuesday, July 17, 2012

...speaking of weddings...

Sooooo did I mention this is a summer of weddings??

And I have been BLESSED and am so excited
to play a different role in all three.

The first
my oldest son will be the ring bearer.

The other two
I will get to be part of the wedding party.

I am so happy for the my friends
And their futures
And this day
And its all about them!

But I finding I have to remind myself of that.

Instead of getting consumed with...
well...
ME.

What will I wear?
How can I lose 20 lbs in 3 weeks?
Why didn't I start diet sooner?
Will they have someone to do my hair?
How about wedding make up?
What will I look like in the pictures?

Yep, its true.
Yuck huh???

Its not about me.
But I am finding I have to work.
For some reason this
selfish
comparison
judgey
all-about-me
attitude keeps sneaking up on me.

Its like brides-maid-zilla!!

But I will tame that thing.
I will keep my mind and prayers focused on their big day.
On getting to be a part of their history.
On getting to pray and speak into the start of their marriage.
On being a
blessing
servant
friend.

And I will succeed.
And if my hair looks funny
Or I look frumpy in pictures...
I will get to a point where I can say

Who cares?

And it will not rob my joy!!
Or take my focus from the important.

Enough said!!

Yay for weddings!!

(now I just have to figure out what to wear!)




No comments:

Post a Comment