Thursday, April 5, 2012

...but first, coffee...


So today I was thinking of something I'm sure we've all heard...  the definition of insanity.  If you do the exact same thing but expect different results, your insane.  Or something along those lines.

I agree.  Its true.  And I am applying it my life and changes I would like to make.  Because I gotta say I am in a bit of a Season of Slump. 

Low energy, low motivation...  And its not that all the time and love spend with my kiddos is not phenomenal and I know worth more than gold!!  But I am feeling unconnected.

I think I am missing COMMUNITY.  With little ones and a busy schedule and the slump-i-ness I've been feeling, I realize I miss friends and hanging out and community.  Doing life together with others, that include others outside of the 5 of us. 

So what to do what to do?  The thing with little ones and a busy schedule is that days go by fast.  Heck, not just days.  Months go by fast.  Seriously.  Its April??  That in itself is a surprise!!

So taking the advice/motivation from the definition of insanity, what do I do differently?  What change to make that ensures I am seeing my friends, staying connected, doing community? 

I think it starts with a small goal.  Isn't that whats recommended?  Attainable goals!  Baby steps!

So my first goal - to plan something once a week with someone outside of my family. 

That is so do-able.  And if I set it up in advance, the week won't fly by.  And if its one thing, it won't be overwhelming.

Yay.  So I am off to set up my first plan, for next week.

But first, coffee! 
(That is ALWAYS a good first step!  Coffee = sanity!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment