Saturday, April 14, 2012

...I *heart* Running...


at the starting line - the summit of Mt Hood

Running.  Even a bad run is a good run.  If you run, you know what I mean.  If you don't, you think I'm crazy!! 

Above is a pic from last August.  We had a team for the Hood to Coast, which is a famous relay race here in Oregon.  Its a 12 person, 195 mile relay from the top of Mt Hood to the beach at Seaside, Oregon.  I have actually ran it 7 - 10 times (have lost track!) and I love it... 

Its one of those things you do that has low and high points!! 

At 3am, when you're sweaty and hurting and have one more leg to do and you haven't slept and the porta potties are getting way gross  - you think:   "WHY???????????" 

But then, at the end, when you run into Seaside and there's 1000s of people on the beach and your done and your feeling all lovey with your van team...  someone invariably goes:  "Lets do this again next year!!"  And everyone agrees!!

at the end of the race, 195 miles later.... an awesome party on the beach
(In case that's right up your alley,  you can see more here!)

Anyways, all that to say - I was thinking about this race as I ran a measly 4 miles today that nearly killed me!!  You know, those SLOW ones where nothing feels right and you just need motivation to get through?  Ya, that was today. 

But regardless of the time, or the length, or how I feel, or if its the best or the worst run....  its still exercise,  I still get outside, its still therapy, its still alone time, time with God, time to myself...  If its the best or the worst...  I still love it.  Every time. 

(And btw - so does my family - ask my husband... whenever I am getting moody and bossy, he sweetly says:  Hon, maybe you should head out on a run!!  Love him!!)

Yay for running....  I *heart* You!



No comments:

Post a Comment